lunes, 7 de noviembre de 2011

Open Post

Today we need to publish an open post. I decide to post a fragment of my reflective essay about the genre transformation project, in specific, the excerpt related to the genre Play.
   


GENRE TRANSFORMATIONS



       1


In the case of genre Play, I decided to follow the rules regarding the format of the dialogues, as well as highlight the conflict between the characters. An example of this is that at first the Prince asked the Fox to drop the tree to play with him because he is boring. The Fox's answer is:

The Fox: I'm sorry, I can not leave. Nor Can we play, it Would be dangerous for you. I am not tamed.”

In this example it is evident as one of the characters want something, while the other does not want. This difference of opinion results in a tension between the characters that reflects the conflict. Then, we see how this conflict is increased when the Fox decides to play with the prince, and now the conflict is that each character has a different vision of the future and the things they want to do.

2

Writing the play, I wanted to capture the sense of innocence of the Little Prince, as well as make clear references to the friendship and bond between the characters. To explain the innocence, I use the recurring questions from the Little Prince to any aspect that the Fox describe.This attitude is the same that we can notice in children at an early age, when they begin to discover the world and all it seems that encloses an amazing mystery. In relation to the friendship between the characters, I wanted to create an analogy between the meaning of friendship and a fire. First, I introduced this element (which is not present in the original play) at the beginning of the dialogue when the prince says:

The Little Prince: You're so beautiful, You have red hair, you look like a little flame escaping from a fire. Can you make a fire? Sometimes when I'm cold, I try to, But my hands are so cold I can hold the logs hardly. Then I huddle in my coat and begin to imagine That I am sitting in front of a bonfire.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario