miércoles, 14 de septiembre de 2011

Questions about Graduation



How does Angelou define academic success and achievement in "Graduation"?

She defines it like a “Magic time of frills and gifts and congratulations and diplomas” she feels this time just like a ceremony.

What evidence from the text supports this interpretation?

She says in the text “We were maids and farmers (…) and anything higher that we aspired was farcical and presumptuous.” She defines that achievement like an important step for her family. But the society from this time doesn’t expected more.

How might you compare/contrast Angelou's depiction of academic success with your own?

I think there is a moment full of inspiration for me in the text, when Angelou talk about the poem “Invictus“ and she says highly “I am the master if my fate, I am the captain of my soul.” I feel responsible with my academic life. I feel that I could do it better. But her story is really emotive and make me reflexive about what is a real obstacle and what is a real success.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario