lunes, 31 de octubre de 2011

Little Prince and the Fox (Excerpt)




Robert Alexander

Based in the original text of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
The stage is illuminated. At center stage is a large tree in the background are great mountains. Enter the Prince on stage in a gesture of seeking something. 

The Little Prince: Oh Gosh, I think I've lost again. My rose, the fairest of them all must be around here, I have to find it. But everything is so unfamiliar to me, if only I had one person to ask.
The tree in the middle of the stage begins to shake. 
Fox: I'm here. (Says the fox, although we can not see it) 
The Little Prince: Who said that? 
Fox: It's me. Looking hidden from the men. Do you see a hunter nearby? 
The Little Prince: No, I do not see anyone. Sal so I can see you. I'm bored and want to play with someone. 
Fox: I'm sorry, I cannot leave. Nor can we play, it would be dangerous for you. I am not tamed. 
The Little Prince: Dangerous? What do you mean? 
Fox: Yes, you could get hurt.
The Little Prince: I do not understand. Why I could get hurt? Go forth now and so I explain what it means to tame and we can play around. 
Fox: That is precisely the danger that we get to tame each other. 
The Fox comes under the tree. Run quickly across the stage. The Prince begins to haunt him and laughing. 
The Little Prince: You're so beautiful, you have red hair, you look like a little flame escaping from a fire. Can you make a fire? Sometimes when I try I have cold, but I have my hands so cold I can hardly hold the logs. Then I shelter in coat and begin to imagine in my mind that I am sitting in front of a bonfire. 
The Fox: The things men are indifferent to me. I know only hunt chickens. Do you see here? 
The Little Prince: Chickens? I do not see any. 
Fox: It's a shame. The hens are for me, so the fire is for you. 
The Little Prince: Something very special Oh? 
The Fox: It is. Something very special. 
The Little Prince: If so, then you should tell it more special for me is my flower. She is unique. 
The Fox: She has tamed you? 
The Little Prince: Taming? 
The Fox: Yes. Do not know what it is? 
The Little Prince: Not very well, but I heard you say right now that you mention it and now I understand. Taming ¿is when something you like? 
Fox: It's more than that. It's when something is unique to you. How many other roses you know? 
The Little Prince: Many, of different sizes and with more or less odor than mine. 
Fox: But you love that one flower. Is not it? 
The Little Prince: It is. Only her. 
Fox: So you have tamed. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario